Terms & Conditions
- This practice is owned and operated by Family Medical Group, trading as Kent Family Medical.
- Kent Family Medical will only accept bookings from people 18yrs of age or older.
- Children and young people under 18yrs can be registered with Kent Family Medical, and have appointments booked and paid for, by a parent or guardian.
- Kent Family Medical will only conduct a consultation for patients who have a pre-booked consultation.
- Kent Family Medical has a zero tolerance on abusive behaviour; this will not be tolerated towards any member of staff and we reserve the right to refuse consultation and/or treatment.
- Consultation times will be dictated by the condition and in the event that it cannot be fully covered during the session time then another appointment will need to be made, at an additional cost. The additional time required, and cost, will be outlined to the patient before re-booking.
Services and Limitations
- Kent Family Medical are a private GP and Allied Health Profession service; we do not provide emergency care, surgical procedures or 24 hour opening times.
- Information provided on the website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice.
- Kent Family Medical has links to other healthcare providers and as such they may be recommended to continue your care. Kent Family Medical will have no monetary benefit from such referrals.
- Patients agree to provide accurate and honest information at all times. Some of which is requested before they visit Kent Family Medical. If this is not provided, then we will endeavour to assist prior to the consultation but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Patients agree to abide by applicable laws and regulations in the UK.
- Patients must confirm their identity prior to their initial visit, and bring government issued photo ID at their first consultation. If this is not completed, then some aspects of the service cannot be fully completed or provided.
- All users will be required to provide consent before any consultation can be initiated.
- This consent includes information sharing with the patient’s NHS GP – both from and to the NHS GP to allow safe, joined-up care. If a patient does not provide consent for information sharing with their NHS GP then the services available to them will be limited and will be at the discretion of the treating clinician.
- Any prescribing for weight loss will be for patients aged 18 years and older only. Prescribing may be declined after clinical assessment based on physical or psychological conditions that mean the risks of prescribing outweigh the benefits. Prescribing will also be dependent on medication availability locally and nationally.
Privacy and Data Security
Payment and Billing
- Appointment rates and fees can be found here: Services & Fees
- Appointments can be amended up to 48 hours before your booked appointment time.
- You will need to Contact Us to arrange a change of date or time.
- Appointments can be cancelled up to 48 hours before your booked appointment time for a full refund, or you can keep a credit with our practice for the same value.
- Cancellations made 24-48 hours before your appointment time: your appointment can be cancelled, but you will be charged 50% of the appointment fee.
- Cancellations made less than 24hrs from your booked appointment time will be charged at the full appointment fee.
- Appointments that include a pre-ordered item, such as a testing kit, cannot be cancelled for a refund.
- Not attending your booked appointment will be charged the full appointment fee.
- Payments can be made through our website at the time of booking.
- All appointments are required to be paid in advance, at time of booking.
- Appointments are only confirmed once registration is complete, and appointments paid for in advance.
- Kent Family Medical do not take payments from insurers. All payments are required to be made by the patient, please. If you are insured, we can provide payment proof to enable you to claim back from your insurer.
- Any additional fees which may occur during a consultation will be explained before agreeing. For example, fees for blood tests. Such additional fees should be paid at the end of the consultation, on the same day.
- We are not able to accept cash payment.
- We will always aim to be transparent about all of our costs.
- Our fees are freely available on our website at www.kentfamilymedical.co.uk/services/
- Sometimes, medical conditions are not always predictable and we may recommend treatments at an additional cost that we could not initially predict. We will always aim to outline these costs before you make a decision to proceed. When we are not sure of the precise cost, we will provide an estimate that is as accurate as possible and inform you of the precise cost as soon as we are able.
- We may change the prices of our services from time to time, but patients will be made aware of this with sufficient notice to make informed decisions about their care and choices.
- At Kent Family Medical, we will only recommend treatment plans that are safe, evidence-based and have a positive risk:benefit ratio. This may mean that, after a consultation, you do not receive the treatment that you were hoping for at the time of booking. In this circumstance, we cannot offer a refund for your appointment. A decision will have been made after a thorough consultation with a medical professional. In this circumstance, we will work with you to find a safe and evidence-based treatment plan.
Modifications and Termination
Kent Family Medical reserves the right to modify or terminate the terms and conditions at any time, with or without notice.
If you have any questions or feedback, please: Contact Us